Sunday, November 13, 2022

My challenge

 As I prepare to leave this place a place I found peace I am challenged to bring this sense back home with me.  Lessons I've learned, grace and serenity.  I also need to find time to sit and ponder, to sit and be quiet in my mind, to sit and just let God come in.  It's not an easy task, I've struggled a great deal with my relationship with God, honestly since my Mom passed away 12 years ago now.  At this very moment my relationship is a little thread on my end, He's always been there of course, but I think I'm finally learning how to let Him back in.  This might just be me on this retreat high, feeling renewed and ready to make changes.  Those changes are easy to make in a place like this, surrounded by silence.  The real test will be to embrace a change to make a new habit in my place at home amongst the noise and shouts of the world.  

I will need to take a breath every now and then, probably more often in the beginning I need to not give up on this feeling of peace and remember it and strive to continue it.  

I think the phone needs to find a new home to charge and I will need to invest in a simple alarm clock to begin my day.  

I love you handsome man. 


take care, 

No comments:

Post a Comment