Friday, November 11, 2022

It's only taken me six years to reschedule this event.

 Here I am, it's only taken six years.  A retreat for me, a quiet restful place, a place to recharge.  It's booked as a silent retreat, with my love of talking it'll be an interesting weekend.  I brought this space with me to give me a place to let my thoughts out.  The energy of typing will help release the energy that would otherwise be kept in.  I am so glad to be here.  The event starts at 8pm, I will do my best to let go of worries and time factors and just be.  Try to let go of all the thoughts that creep into my mind, thoughts that make me anxious and try to just be here in the present.  I brought my Kairos, "God's Time"

Radical Acceptance: Living Grateful Hearts or as my best girl says, Jesus camp.  

I haven't been on a retreat since 1998 and then it was only one night because I was in the midst of grad school interviews and final classes of my undergrad career.  I still remember to do this day coming home to make it to a class event and hearing that song on the radio. I was 23 years old, finishing my senior year of college and preparing to move out of state to start a new chapter in my life.  1700 miles would be the distance between my new place of residence and my home. I didn't know a soul there and I would learn a great deal of lessons.  This is so what I need right now.  I am so filled with inner peace at this moment I feel I could burst. I will retire for now and begin this adventure, or maybe journey is a better word, my best girl is not here so not the usual adventure.  

I love you. 

take care, 

No comments:

Post a Comment