Saturday, July 18, 2020

Directions

North
South
East
West

How to get from place to place.  Navigation.  Guide.

NORTH
True North
North star
the bold North
The Good Witch

SOUTH
South for the winter
went south, as in poor outcome, gone rotten
southern hospitality
southern drawl
mild weather

EAST
wicked witch
East coast
fast paced
bad side of town

WEST
beach
wild wild west
new frontier
relaxed
new part of town
sunset

Some people have a sense of direction and to others these are just words on a map.  Directions get us from point a to point b.  In a voyage, an adventure, a quest directions can be helpful to achieve the goal.  In life there are times when traveling on a path, direction is not required, simply moving, moving forward is all that is necessary, all that is possible. 
The idea of two new directions where put into my head, at this point I don't know how to characterize this person, for now I'll say game master.  The direction of Stam & Renn.  I'm not 100% sure which is which, but here's my understanding. 

Stam: inner, inside, within.  The direction to pursue in order to soul search, to think, to contemplate.
purpose
moral growth
escape

Renn: outside world, reality, North, South, East, West, are part of Renn.
practicality
ambition

I like to think I experience stam when I run, I just go and not worry about the renn.  My thoughts running faster then my feet, letting them all collide.  When my feet are exhausted and my  mind is clear I return to renn and find my way.  Adding music to stam enhances the experience, for me anyway. I've said this of late, I want to run again, to escape renn and revive in stam.  I want to discuss these ideas, hear the opinions of the game master, learn what other philosophies await us.  


take care, 







No comments:

Post a Comment