Tuesday, May 12, 2020

two

Two trees share a yard.  One was your favorite and holds a reminder of you.  The other planted less than a year ago in honor, a reminder that you have been gone just over a year.  The first tree older, stronger, symbolizes how long you've been gone. Time has made the tree stronger, survived some storms, many winters, withstands the elements. The pain of missing you is there, will always be there, we're stronger, we've withstood several winters, several storms, and the leaves comeback in the spring.  The young tree is fragile, it survived it's first winter and learns how to withstand the elements and already it blooms. 

This caught my eye one day as I was pulling out of the driveway.  It's where we are. 

Something has been on my mind as well.  Change.  Is it truly possible for a person to change?  People don't like change, so I've been told.  Change, is it possible for a person to change their outlook, way of thinking?  I've been told it happened and the old is gone.  I'm not sure, I hear the words, I want to believe.  I've paid attention to those that know you, have a history.  I've heard the stories of the past and how different you are now, that makes me wonder.  I am more than likely putting too much thought into all of this, I need to live each day as it comes, one at a time.  My walls are still up, guarded, protecting.  One day at a time, but it is nice to smile and laugh again. 



take care,

No comments:

Post a Comment