Sunday, September 20, 2020

1,989

It's been 1,989 days.  That's how many times the sun has risen and set.  

The second chapter has ended, his words.  It's painful and though it seems the chapter ended more than once in the past six months, I think this time it's closed.  He closed the book and pulled the bookmark.  Funny how a book analogy comes to my mind, that was not something we shared, though during one of those rewrites we tried to connect over a novel.  Decisions no more, it is done.  I did all this six months ago and now I am here repeating all that pain again.  Alone.  

My dear friend from years ago, a friend we've kept in touch over the years is ignoring me and I don't know why.  Was there something I wasn't seeing, something he wasn't telling me? I thought the friendship was solid, but I've been gut punched.  To say it's been a tough few days is an understatement.  

Overwhelmed. Tired. Hollow.  Isolated. 


The sun has set on this day and it will rise tomorrow. 


take care

No comments:

Post a Comment