Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Solitude

Days off in solitude are still difficult, this time of year does not help.  Usually I have many errands to complete, places to visit, tasks to accomplish.  Today I do not, today I'm on my own, well I guess I'm never truly on my own, you're always with me one way or another, my thoughts, my smiles, my tears. 

This morning I went to mass, I got there a bit early and the chapel was full of senior citizens, they were praying the rosary.  Something I learned and long forgotten, sorry Sister Mary Potter.  It me thinking, some day I will be one of those senior citizens, well at least I hope I will I've learned in this life the future is not a given.  I digress, some day if I have the fortune to be on this earth in my eighties and those around me going to a daily mass, we may not know the prayers of the rosary, well at least with out the aid of a prayer book.  What is our world shaping into? This is a true question, not meant to be pessimistic by any means, just an honest curiosity of the unknown future I may or may not share in. 

I will retire to my day of solitude and complete my chores of laundry and continue to contemplate the future.


take care

love you my handsome man and my dear

No comments:

Post a Comment