Monday, June 27, 2016

Catch up

We're finally doing things we did before.  I know that doesn't make much sense.  We went to the summer festival in our community, we hadn't done that for quite some time, we didn't go for two years in a row.  We went this year.  Our daughter said something that really resonated with me.  She wants it back.  She wants back the places and experiences we did together as a family, she wants to enjoy those again. It's almost like we're catching up with life, our life; a life of 2 no longer 3.  We've made some new memories and stories we'll tell down the road.  She's struggling with being happy and having a wonderful time and then missing you something fierce and feeling guilty about having fun.  I was there myself not too long ago.  It is getting easier to live each day and not just exist.  I still miss you something terrible and just thinking about it makes me cry.  The tears don't linger as they did, they still come easily.

This summer without you, the year I will catch up and surpass your age, the year I'll never be able to tease you because you'll never be older than me.  I miss teasing you and being teased by you.  You helped me not take life so seriously.  I do my best to be silly with our daughter, she needs that.  I really have taken time to enjoy life and moments with our daughter.  To enjoy life in general.  Truly seeing the beauty of nature, taking time with my Dad.  I am so very grateful I am in a position where I can have a reduced work schedule.  Even in death you're taking care of me.  I spent some quality time with her this weekend.  We were together, just the two of us enjoying each other and enjoying nature.  It was fantastic.  I went back to work today like I'd been on vacation for a week, I even forgot my password.  I was only off for two days.

I love you handsome man.

take care,

No comments:

Post a Comment