Sunday, April 5, 2020

1000

Dvorak, something I just discovered.  It's beautiful.  I still remember Stravinsky's The Firebird, sitting next to you.  The music filling the auditorium, sitting next to you both of us enjoying it.  I miss those.  Of late the orchestra was not a shared enjoyment, a very thoughtful and selfless gesture, one I appreciated.  The music was so moving for me. 

Da mi basia mille

You probably already knew about Dvorak or maybe you didn't, I'll never know.  You're getting farther and farther away. To share Dvorak, to share the music, to share a story, to share a moment.  

4 years 11 months 26 days. 

9 years 11 months 27 days.  

11 months 15 days. 

Nearly 10 years ago you were there, helped me through all the firsts and all the seconds and thirds and held me tight.  I was called stoic, and told I was strong.  Nearly five years to the day you were gone.  I found comfort and solace in a friend and nearly a year ago that is no more. I really hate April. 

The new chapter has ended and yes that hurts too.  
The sun has set and it will rise and tomorrow will come.  Another day, though the days of late are anxiety filled, fearful, helpless, no, not helpless.  Not helpless, helpful, I'm the finder of the silver lining after all, the bringer of sunshine, teller of jokes, really really bad jokes.  It was nice to laugh today, someone cares, that is always nice too. 

take care, 



No comments:

Post a Comment