Sunday, October 30, 2016

A good day

Today was a good day.  I still missed you my love, but it was a good day.  Had some friends over at the house, really they're family.  I had real conversations today, people actually listened to what I had to say it was so wonderful.  There were even moments of pause and 'wait let me think about that for a minute'.  Funny, there were two couples: one married 30 or so years and one still new.  That totally reminds me of people always telling us that after the first year the "honeymoon is over" but for us that never ever happened.  I think that's because we worked to make the other happy, strove to to make the other feel loved & important, really that wasn't hard it was like breathing. I think that is why there are days I struggle to breath & use medication to help my lungs, but nothing helps my soul.  When you hurt I hurt, when you're in pain I cry, when you fail my insides are tore up, yet I find the words to build you back up, when you accomplish & succeed I'm proud.   Bringing you joy, giving you meaning, sharing passion was my contribution to our life, your contribution was the mirror of mine, though I think you did it better than I ever could.   I remember you would say you got the better end of the deal.

Today was a good day.  Tomorrow will come.

I love you handsome man.


take care.  

No comments:

Post a Comment